Monday, April 27, 2015

Makeshop Monday: Interview with Sam

Interview with Sam King

Sam is another student in Mr. White's tech ed class. He designs a lot of different things (as do the other students in the class), but his latest project was not functional but was decorative instead.Since Sam sent his image in the form of a screen shot from Autodesk, you can see some of the elements of the program in the space around the image he generated. He also used a different design process from our last interviewee (Garrett). Sam did an image search for his intended design, then imported it into Autodesk. From there he was able to make a 3D design.

What's your most recent project?
My brother really likes Lord of the Rings, so I made a prop from Lord of the Rings called an Evenstar for him. I made it using an image I found through a Google search.

This image is a front view of the Evenstar Sam designed. It's a screenshot taken from the program he used to design it, so you can see some of the features of the program at the top of the screen.










How do you DO that?
This image is another view of the Evenstar Sam designed.



How do you DO that?
I create 3D images through Autodesk. I find a picture of what I want to make then trace over it in Autodesk in order to turn it into a 3-dimensional object. It took me a few weeks to learn how to use Autodesk well enough to to do this.




Want to try something similar?
You can find a picture of whatever you'd like to create, then use Autodesk to trace it and turn it into a 3D object.

No comments:

Post a Comment