Monday, January 11, 2016

Makeshop Monday: Building a game board

Today's Makeshop Monday interview is with Natalie Marshall, an 8th grader at Avonworth Middle School. Natalie's project is kind of awesome for many reasons - she did a great job of planning and executing it, she used several different production methods in order to create her final product, and she made something that she can use with her family. Check out her interview (and a picture of her project!) below:


ARC: What did you make?
Natalie: I made a tripoley board. This is a very fun board game. It is a card game that is kind of like poker.
ARC: What did you use to make your product?
NM: To make this I used the laser engraver for the words on top of the board. I had to program this through photoshop. To make the base, dividers, and center of the board I used the cnc router. The program that I used to make these pieces was Vcarve.

ARC: What kind of planning or designing did you do for your project?
NM: Before I made this, I needed to plan it out and get all of the dimensions right. I needed to get a idea of what this was going to look like. I sketched it out and found the dimensions it was going to be. After, I sized my boards and started programming.

ARC: What did you do with the final product?
NM:I brought the final product home so that my family and I could play it together.

ARC: Did you enjoy completing your project?
NM: I loved making this board game. Everyday when I would come to school I couldn't wait to come to class and work on it.

ARC: What is one thing you learned from designing and creating your product?
NM: I learned how to use programs like photoshop and vcarve. Also, how machines like the laser engraver and the cnc router are used.

No comments:

Post a Comment